Trump Says US Will Start Attacking Mexico
Appearing on Fox News with Sean Hannity, US President Donald Trump on Thursday said that land strikes against drug cartels were on the way.
“We are going to start now hitting land with regard to the cartels. The cartels are running Mexico. It’s very, very sad to watch and see what’s happened to that country, but the cartels are running [it] and they’re killing 250, 300,000 people in our country every single year,” Trump said in an interview that aired Thursday night.
Mexican President Claudia Sheinbaum has repeatedly said she will not grant permission for any US action within Mexico, but the US has rarely asked for permission to bomb or attack a country in its long, bloody history.

President Sheinbaum had previously announced in November that Mexico and the US had reached an agreement whereby the Mexican Navy would intercept vessels in international waters instead of having the US airstrike them, to little effect.
In the Eastern Pacific, the US has illegally attacked a total of 23 vessels (off of the coasts of Mexico, Colombia & Guatemala) since its first strike on October 21st, which killed two. Other strikes followed on October 22nd (three dead), October 27th (four dead), October 29th (four dead), November 4th (two dead), November 9th (three dead), November 15th (three dead), December 15th (eight dead), December 17th (four dead), December 18th (five dead), December 22nd (one dead), December 29th (two dead), December 30th (three dead).
As of 10:29PM, US Ambassador to Mexico Ronald Johnson’s most recent social media communication is a post made on the evening of January 3rd, celebrating the illegal attack that same day on the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, which killed around 100 people, and resulted in the kidnapping of the Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro and his wife deputy Celia Flores. Ambassador Johnson, a former Green Beret and CIA agent with extensive experience and connections with Latin American deathsquads, described the attack as “Absolutely remarkable!”
-
Rocha Moya Backtracks: Requests Indefinite Leave Just 34 Hours After Returning to the Governorship
He returned Friday after 112 days of facing US-linked accusations, then asked to leave again hours later, right after a rebuke from Sheinbaum.
-
Mexico and Chile Will Seek to Review More Trade Opportunities: Economy Ministry
Mexico and Chile reaffirmed their commitment to a more competitive and inclusive economic integration by making full use of their free trade agreement, the Economy Ministry said.
-
Major Chinese Archaeological Exhibitions Could Come to Mexico as a Heritage Exchange
Mexican shows in China have drawn nearly 2.9 million visitors since 2024, and 3.8 million abroad in all; 804 pieces are on display right now in Shanghai.
